By edited by Mohammadbagher Forough
Read or Download At War for Peace PDF
Similar medical books
This quantity constitutes the refereed complaints of the second one foreign convention on scientific Biometrics, ICMB 2010, held in Hong Kong, China, in June 2010.
Clinical modelling and the foundations of scientific imaging, desktop Aided layout (CAD) and speedy Prototyping (also referred to as Additive production and 3D Printing) are very important innovations on the subject of quite a few disciplines - from biomaterials engineering to surgical procedure. construction at the luck of the 1st version, clinical Modelling: the applying of complex layout and swift Prototyping strategies in drugs presents readers with a revised variation of the unique textual content, in addition to key details on leading edge imaging ideas, quick Prototyping applied sciences and case reports.
- Advances in Medical Education
- Nucleoside Analogues: Chemistry, Biology, and Medical Applications
- Enhancing Interoperabillity Among Enlisted Medical Personnel: A Case Study of Military Surgical Technologists
- Stroke Essentials 2010
- Industrial, medical and environmental applications of microorganisms : current status and trends : proceedings of the V international conference on environmental, industrial and applied microbiology (BioMicroWorld2013), Madrid, Spain, 2-4 October 2013
Additional resources for At War for Peace
Many people assume that religion contributes to conflict primarily through teachings about ‘holy war,’ causing or exacerbating conflict by condoning or commanding violence. However, in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict at least, religious teachings about the rightness or wrongness of war and how war should be waged have not significantly contributed to the conflict. Religion has exacerbated the conflict much more through teachings about holy peace – what true peace is, what it means to pursue it, and what attitude the religious believer should have towards human and secular efforts towards peace.
54. 22 Kissinger, loc. ; P Schroeder, The Transformation of European Politics, 1763-1848, Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1994. 23 Black, War in the Nineteenth Century: 1800-1914, p. 204. 24 Mann, op. , p. 436. 25 P Kennedy, The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers: Economic Change and Military Conflict from 1500 to 2000, Vintage Books, New York, 1989. 26 N Ferguson, Empire: The Rise and Demise of the British World Order and the Lessons for Global Power, Basic Books, New York, 2003. 27 This is still the dominant Marxist analysis of imperialism, in which capital cannot find enough domestic outlets for its surplus and must export it imperially.
11. 42 N Ferguson The Cash Nexus: Money and Power in the Modern World, 1700-2000, Basic Books, New York, 2001, p. 277. 43 Polanyi, op. , p. 10. C. , 1991, p. 10. , The Origins of Totalitarianism. Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, New York, 1973. , The Long Twentieth Century: Money, Power, and the Origins of Our Times. Verso, London & New York, 2010. , The Crimean War: 1853-1856. Oxford University Press, London & New York, 1999. , War in the Nineteenth Century: 1800-1914. Polity, Cambridge, 2009. , The War of the World: Twentieth-Century Conflict and the Descent of the West.