By Richard Scarry
Huckle Cat, Lowly bug, and Goldbug consultant kids on a point-and-learn trip throughout the phrases round them.
Read Online or Download Best Little Word Book Ever (Little Golden Book) PDF
Similar children's literature books
"The frequently suitable Brother and Sister endure are fighting--all day lengthy! Mama undergo is helping them observe that everybody argues sometimes, inspite of household. "--The interpreting instructor.
For the 1st time ever in print or electronic publishing, Delphi Classics is proud to offer the full fictional works of grasp storyteller L. Frank Baum. This enormous book deals 1000s of lovely illustrations, misplaced works, informative introductions and the standard Delphi bonus material.
* the full ounces books
* discover the 1st version color illustrations of 'The fabulous Wizard of Oz'
* oz. books just like the magnificent LAND OF ounces and OZMA OF oz. are absolutely illustrated with their unique artwork
* Concise introductions to the novels and different works
* fantastically illustrated with photos in terms of Baum's existence and works
* Many novels look for the 1st time in electronic print, together with all the MARY LOUISE, BOY FORTUNE HUNTERS and PHOEBE bold novels
* Scarce poetry collections, together with FATHER GOOSE’S yr publication, first time in electronic print
* targeted chronological and alphabetical contents tables for the poetry and brief stories
* infrequent performs and musical synopses, together with the unique WIZARD OF ounces play.
* certain BAUMIANA part, with articles and stories on the subject of the glorious global of Baum
* beneficial properties the biography IN different LANDS THAN OURS written via the author’s wife
* Ordering of texts into chronological order and literary genres
Karen lives round the corner to an outdated girl named Mrs. Porter. Mrs. Porter wears lengthy black gowns and has wild gray hair. Her black cat is termed hour of darkness. No ask yourself Karen thinks Mrs. Porter is a witch! Mrs. Porter is having a gathering at her apartment. Karen is bound the assembly is for witches. Are the witches going to solid a spell on Karen?
- Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, Book 5)
- The Berenstain Bears Go to the Doctor
- When Did You See Her Last? (All the Wrong Questions, Book 2)
- Why Do Farts Smell Like Rotten Eggs?
- Flame and the Rebel Riders (Pony Club Secrets, Book 9)
Additional resources for Best Little Word Book Ever (Little Golden Book)
As with literature for adults, the history of children’s literature is littered with books, and whole sub-genres, that were once hugely popular but are now neither read nor widely known. Yet in many cases, these obscure works were extremely important in constructing generic traditions that shape children’s books today. A good example are the cautionary tales popular in the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries: long-forgotten stories and poems warning about the horrible fates befalling naughty children.
The two human children, Harriet and Frederick, and the four nestlings, Robin, Dicky, Flapsy and Pecksy, learn roughly the same general lessons: that ‘In a family every individual ought to consult the welfare of the whole, instead of his own private satisfaction’ and that God has created the world so that all animals are interdependent and that to hurt or kill other creatures without reason is to transgress against the ‘divine principle of ’. There were more speciﬁc lessons too, often taught through inset fable-like vignettes.
Of the Sun and the North-Wind’, Anon. Æsop’s Fables, With Their Morals: in Prose and Verse (London: J. Hodges, ), p. . . Sewell, Black Beauty, p. . . Sarah Trimmer, Fabulous Histories. Designed for the Instruction of Children, Respecting Their Treatment of Animals (London: T. ,  ), pp. vii–viii, , , –, , –. . Trimmer, Fabulous Histories, p. . . Ted Hughes, What is the Truth? A Farmyard Fable for the Young, with drawings by R. J. Lloyd (London: Faber & Faber, ), p.